May 31, 2012, 9:51 PM EDT
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Ryan Braun is out of tonight’s lineup against the Dodgers in order to rest nagging tightness in his right Achilles tendon. The injury has flared up at various times this season and he felt it again last night on a slide into second base.
Fortunately for the Brewers, it doesn’t appear to be a major concern, as Braun is available off the bench. Norichika Aoki is making the start in left field tonight.
Braun is batting .309/.395/.608 with 14 home runs, 36 RBI and a 1.003 OPS over 210 plate appearances this year. The Brewers have won three straight games entering play tonight, but sit in fourth place in the National League Central at 22-28.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)