May 31, 2012, 9:51 PM EDT
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Ryan Braun is out of tonight’s lineup against the Dodgers in order to rest nagging tightness in his right Achilles tendon. The injury has flared up at various times this season and he felt it again last night on a slide into second base.
Fortunately for the Brewers, it doesn’t appear to be a major concern, as Braun is available off the bench. Norichika Aoki is making the start in left field tonight.
Braun is batting .309/.395/.608 with 14 home runs, 36 RBI and a 1.003 OPS over 210 plate appearances this year. The Brewers have won three straight games entering play tonight, but sit in fourth place in the National League Central at 22-28.
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 33
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)