May 31, 2012, 9:51 PM EDT
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Ryan Braun is out of tonight’s lineup against the Dodgers in order to rest nagging tightness in his right Achilles tendon. The injury has flared up at various times this season and he felt it again last night on a slide into second base.
Fortunately for the Brewers, it doesn’t appear to be a major concern, as Braun is available off the bench. Norichika Aoki is making the start in left field tonight.
Braun is batting .309/.395/.608 with 14 home runs, 36 RBI and a 1.003 OPS over 210 plate appearances this year. The Brewers have won three straight games entering play tonight, but sit in fourth place in the National League Central at 22-28.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 17
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 10
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)