May 31, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Earlier this week the Blue Jays demoted starting left fielder Eric Thames to Triple-A despite the guy he beat out for the job in spring training, Travis Snider, being on the minor league disabled list with a wrist injury.
And now any thoughts of Snider being ready to step back into the Blue Jays’ lineup are gone, as Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that he “has yet to make any significant progress” and has been sent to the team’s spring training complex to rehab further.
Snider was putting up big numbers at Triple-A before the injury, hitting .333 with a 1.015 OPS in 26 games, but he’s been in pain since April 26 and there’s still no timetable for his return.
All of which means the Blue Jays will apparently go with light-hitting speedster Rajai Davis as their regular left fielder for the foreseeable future.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 76
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)