May 31, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Over at UniWatch, Paul Lukas runs down all of the throwback uniform days from all of the teams this season. And I have to agree that it has been a stellar year for that.
And a note: tomorrow the Astros are going with the old rainbow nightmare uniforms. Don’t let anyone you know get too excited, though. While they were interesting and on some level fun, they were never really good and, no, we should not want them back as full-time uniforms by any stretch of the imagination. It’s all nostalgia, man.
For my money, it’s shooting star uniforms or GTFO. They’re Altuves better than the next best option.
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)