May 31, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Over at UniWatch, Paul Lukas runs down all of the throwback uniform days from all of the teams this season. And I have to agree that it has been a stellar year for that.
And a note: tomorrow the Astros are going with the old rainbow nightmare uniforms. Don’t let anyone you know get too excited, though. While they were interesting and on some level fun, they were never really good and, no, we should not want them back as full-time uniforms by any stretch of the imagination. It’s all nostalgia, man.
For my money, it’s shooting star uniforms or GTFO. They’re Altuves better than the next best option.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (89)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)