May 31, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Over at UniWatch, Paul Lukas runs down all of the throwback uniform days from all of the teams this season. And I have to agree that it has been a stellar year for that.
And a note: tomorrow the Astros are going with the old rainbow nightmare uniforms. Don’t let anyone you know get too excited, though. While they were interesting and on some level fun, they were never really good and, no, we should not want them back as full-time uniforms by any stretch of the imagination. It’s all nostalgia, man.
For my money, it’s shooting star uniforms or GTFO. They’re Altuves better than the next best option.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69