Jun 1, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
As expected, the A’s have activated outfielder Yoenis Cespedes from the disabled list after he spent four weeks on the sidelines with a hand injury.
Prior to the injury Cespedes hit .245 with five homers, five doubles, and a .753 OPS in 28 games, showing the combination of excellent power and questionable plate discipline that most reports pegged him for coming out of Cuba.
He played center field before going on the DL, but the 26-year-old rookie may shift to left field now with Coco Crisp remaining in center.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 5
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 44
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 107
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (108)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (83)