Jun 1, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
As expected, the A’s have activated outfielder Yoenis Cespedes from the disabled list after he spent four weeks on the sidelines with a hand injury.
Prior to the injury Cespedes hit .245 with five homers, five doubles, and a .753 OPS in 28 games, showing the combination of excellent power and questionable plate discipline that most reports pegged him for coming out of Cuba.
He played center field before going on the DL, but the 26-year-old rookie may shift to left field now with Coco Crisp remaining in center.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 5
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)