Jun 1, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
As expected, the A’s have activated outfielder Yoenis Cespedes from the disabled list after he spent four weeks on the sidelines with a hand injury.
Prior to the injury Cespedes hit .245 with five homers, five doubles, and a .753 OPS in 28 games, showing the combination of excellent power and questionable plate discipline that most reports pegged him for coming out of Cuba.
He played center field before going on the DL, but the 26-year-old rookie may shift to left field now with Coco Crisp remaining in center.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)