Jun 1, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
As expected, the A’s have activated outfielder Yoenis Cespedes from the disabled list after he spent four weeks on the sidelines with a hand injury.
Prior to the injury Cespedes hit .245 with five homers, five doubles, and a .753 OPS in 28 games, showing the combination of excellent power and questionable plate discipline that most reports pegged him for coming out of Cuba.
He played center field before going on the DL, but the 26-year-old rookie may shift to left field now with Coco Crisp remaining in center.
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 8
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)