Jun 1, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Susan Slusser has a column up about Bartolo Colon. About what makes him tick, how he’s still going despite seemingly being done a couple of years ago and … about his personality quirks. Was NOT expecting this one:
He can be so surprising, in fact, that teammate Brandon McCarthy is keeping a book of unexpected Bartolo Colon facts. McCarthy was loath to share any of his tidbits – he said he wants to publish it himself, maybe turn it into a blog – but he finally cracked and revealed one of his favorites.
“Bartolo loves Adele,” McCarthy said. “He listens to ‘Set Fire to the Rain’ before every start.
That’s gotta be right up there with “We Will Rock You” as far as athletic pump-you-up music, right? I picture him sitting in front of his locker, headphones on, singing along to it, knowing people can hear him, but not really caring.
Not gonna lie: I’m loving Bartolo much more today than I did yesterday. Something about a guy who does not give a crap about anything that you just have to like.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8