Jun 1, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
Susan Slusser has a column up about Bartolo Colon. About what makes him tick, how he’s still going despite seemingly being done a couple of years ago and … about his personality quirks. Was NOT expecting this one:
He can be so surprising, in fact, that teammate Brandon McCarthy is keeping a book of unexpected Bartolo Colon facts. McCarthy was loath to share any of his tidbits – he said he wants to publish it himself, maybe turn it into a blog – but he finally cracked and revealed one of his favorites.
“Bartolo loves Adele,” McCarthy said. “He listens to ‘Set Fire to the Rain’ before every start.
That’s gotta be right up there with “We Will Rock You” as far as athletic pump-you-up music, right? I picture him sitting in front of his locker, headphones on, singing along to it, knowing people can hear him, but not really caring.
Not gonna lie: I’m loving Bartolo much more today than I did yesterday. Something about a guy who does not give a crap about anything that you just have to like.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 251
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (251)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)