Jun 1, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Susan Slusser has a column up about Bartolo Colon. About what makes him tick, how he’s still going despite seemingly being done a couple of years ago and … about his personality quirks. Was NOT expecting this one:
He can be so surprising, in fact, that teammate Brandon McCarthy is keeping a book of unexpected Bartolo Colon facts. McCarthy was loath to share any of his tidbits – he said he wants to publish it himself, maybe turn it into a blog – but he finally cracked and revealed one of his favorites.
“Bartolo loves Adele,” McCarthy said. “He listens to ‘Set Fire to the Rain’ before every start.
That’s gotta be right up there with “We Will Rock You” as far as athletic pump-you-up music, right? I picture him sitting in front of his locker, headphones on, singing along to it, knowing people can hear him, but not really caring.
Not gonna lie: I’m loving Bartolo much more today than I did yesterday. Something about a guy who does not give a crap about anything that you just have to like.
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 2
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 37
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)