Jun 1, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
The Cardinals head to Queens for a weekend series with the Mets, and we know what that means: lots of people focusing on the guy for something that happened nearly six years ago:
The Mets are planning a video tribute for Beltran whether he plays or not, similar to the one they staged for Jose Reyes‘ return in April. Beltran played in 839 regular-season games for the Mets, batting .280 with 149 home runs, 559 RBIs and 100 stolen bases.
But knee problems wrecked several years of Beltran’s Mets tenure. He perhaps is best known in Flushing for keeping the bat on his shoulder for the final out of the 2006 NLCS against the Cardinals and current teammate Adam Wainwright.
I’m curious to see if anyone cares. I hope not. Man, you gotta let go of stuff at some point, don’t ya? And appreciate that Beltran was a really excellent player for most of his time in New York.
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 61
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 9
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)