Jun 1, 2012, 8:23 AM EST
On Wednesday, Carlos Gonzalez pulled a Reggie and hit homers in three straight at bats. OK, I guess they needed to be on three pitches to be a true Reggie, but he was pretty awesome all the same. He kept it up last night.
Gonzalez hit a homer in his first at bat of the game — fourth straight at bat with a homer — and went on to add a double and finish 3 for 4 with three RBI. He also scored three times, walked and stole a base. Full night. On the year Gonzalez is now .332/.401/.653 with 14 homers, 44 RBI and eight steals.
The Dodgers have lost Matt Kemp. And, given how much time he’s gonna miss with this latest injury, he has likely lost the lead in the MVP race. That seems to belong to Carlos Gonzalez now.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)