Jun 1, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
On Wednesday, Carlos Gonzalez pulled a Reggie and hit homers in three straight at bats. OK, I guess they needed to be on three pitches to be a true Reggie, but he was pretty awesome all the same. He kept it up last night.
Gonzalez hit a homer in his first at bat of the game — fourth straight at bat with a homer — and went on to add a double and finish 3 for 4 with three RBI. He also scored three times, walked and stole a base. Full night. On the year Gonzalez is now .332/.401/.653 with 14 homers, 44 RBI and eight steals.
The Dodgers have lost Matt Kemp. And, given how much time he’s gonna miss with this latest injury, he has likely lost the lead in the MVP race. That seems to belong to Carlos Gonzalez now.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 12
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)