Jun 1, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
On Wednesday, Carlos Gonzalez pulled a Reggie and hit homers in three straight at bats. OK, I guess they needed to be on three pitches to be a true Reggie, but he was pretty awesome all the same. He kept it up last night.
Gonzalez hit a homer in his first at bat of the game — fourth straight at bat with a homer — and went on to add a double and finish 3 for 4 with three RBI. He also scored three times, walked and stole a base. Full night. On the year Gonzalez is now .332/.401/.653 with 14 homers, 44 RBI and eight steals.
The Dodgers have lost Matt Kemp. And, given how much time he’s gonna miss with this latest injury, he has likely lost the lead in the MVP race. That seems to belong to Carlos Gonzalez now.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 211
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (211)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)