Jun 1, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
On Wednesday, Carlos Gonzalez pulled a Reggie and hit homers in three straight at bats. OK, I guess they needed to be on three pitches to be a true Reggie, but he was pretty awesome all the same. He kept it up last night.
Gonzalez hit a homer in his first at bat of the game — fourth straight at bat with a homer — and went on to add a double and finish 3 for 4 with three RBI. He also scored three times, walked and stole a base. Full night. On the year Gonzalez is now .332/.401/.653 with 14 homers, 44 RBI and eight steals.
The Dodgers have lost Matt Kemp. And, given how much time he’s gonna miss with this latest injury, he has likely lost the lead in the MVP race. That seems to belong to Carlos Gonzalez now.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)