Jun 1, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
On Wednesday, Carlos Gonzalez pulled a Reggie and hit homers in three straight at bats. OK, I guess they needed to be on three pitches to be a true Reggie, but he was pretty awesome all the same. He kept it up last night.
Gonzalez hit a homer in his first at bat of the game — fourth straight at bat with a homer — and went on to add a double and finish 3 for 4 with three RBI. He also scored three times, walked and stole a base. Full night. On the year Gonzalez is now .332/.401/.653 with 14 homers, 44 RBI and eight steals.
The Dodgers have lost Matt Kemp. And, given how much time he’s gonna miss with this latest injury, he has likely lost the lead in the MVP race. That seems to belong to Carlos Gonzalez now.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)