Jun 1, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
Out since May 11 with a sprained left knee, Desmond Jennings began a minor-league rehab assignment yesterday at Single-A by going 1-for-3 with a double.
He also tested his knee by playing left field and is expected to move his rehab stint to Triple-A, with Joe Smith of the Tampa Bay Times reporting that Jennings could come off the disabled list as soon as Tuesday.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 68
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 7
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (86)