Jun 1, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
Out since May 11 with a sprained left knee, Desmond Jennings began a minor-league rehab assignment yesterday at Single-A by going 1-for-3 with a double.
He also tested his knee by playing left field and is expected to move his rehab stint to Triple-A, with Joe Smith of the Tampa Bay Times reporting that Jennings could come off the disabled list as soon as Tuesday.
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 0
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 21
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 54
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 77
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 35
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (179)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (100)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)