Jun 1, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
“Whoever said he is not the ace, I hope he doesn’t mind me taking his job because he doesn’t know what he’s talking about … If that kid was pitching for the New York Yankees, he would be the ace. But he’s pitching for the White Sox and the Marlins, who cares … This guy throws 84, 85, 86 making $100 million dollars. There has to be a reason. You make all that money with that crap he throws, he better be good.’’
Guillen said he’d use Buehrle in Game 1 of the playoffs if they were to start today because, even if he’s not the guy who strikes out 300 dudes a year, he knows what he’s gonna get from Buehrle.
People sometimes wonder why Guillen kept his job so long in Chicago and why he is ensconced in Miami. I think a big part of that is that his players absolutely love him. And one of the reasons they do: he has their backs, always.
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 4
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 5
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 22
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- The Astros lost in spectacular fashion last night 26
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges