Jun 1, 2012, 6:51 PM EST
Mark Prior has graduated from extended spring training to Boston’s Triple-A affiliate in Pawtucket, the team revealed Friday.
Prior will work as a reliever with the PawSox. According to WEEI’s Rob Bradford, he was being clocked at 90-92 mph in extended spring games and his curve “showed good improvement over [the] last month.”
The 31-year-old Prior hasn’t pitched in the majors since 2006 due to a series of shoulder problems. He made 11 appearances in the Yankees’ minor league system last season, amassing a 2.25 ERA in 12 innings.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)