Jun 1, 2012, 6:51 PM EDT
Mark Prior has graduated from extended spring training to Boston’s Triple-A affiliate in Pawtucket, the team revealed Friday.
Prior will work as a reliever with the PawSox. According to WEEI’s Rob Bradford, he was being clocked at 90-92 mph in extended spring games and his curve “showed good improvement over [the] last month.”
The 31-year-old Prior hasn’t pitched in the majors since 2006 due to a series of shoulder problems. He made 11 appearances in the Yankees’ minor league system last season, amassing a 2.25 ERA in 12 innings.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 29
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 37
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 63
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims