Jun 1, 2012, 6:51 PM EDT
Mark Prior has graduated from extended spring training to Boston’s Triple-A affiliate in Pawtucket, the team revealed Friday.
Prior will work as a reliever with the PawSox. According to WEEI’s Rob Bradford, he was being clocked at 90-92 mph in extended spring games and his curve “showed good improvement over [the] last month.”
The 31-year-old Prior hasn’t pitched in the majors since 2006 due to a series of shoulder problems. He made 11 appearances in the Yankees’ minor league system last season, amassing a 2.25 ERA in 12 innings.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)