Jun 1, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Given that David Robertson‘s time as Yankees closer consisted of a blown save and an injury, it’s not that shocking that Rafael Soriano is going to remain the Yankees closer when David Robertson returns from the DL. But in case there was any doubt, Jon Heyman is reporting that the Yankees have, indeed, made that decision.
Also making it easier: Rafael Soriano has been perfect in six save opportunities while allowing only a single run since taking over the job.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 29
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 236
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (236)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)