Jun 1, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Given that David Robertson‘s time as Yankees closer consisted of a blown save and an injury, it’s not that shocking that Rafael Soriano is going to remain the Yankees closer when David Robertson returns from the DL. But in case there was any doubt, Jon Heyman is reporting that the Yankees have, indeed, made that decision.
Also making it easier: Rafael Soriano has been perfect in six save opportunities while allowing only a single run since taking over the job.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)