Jun 1, 2012, 3:00 PM EST
Given that David Robertson‘s time as Yankees closer consisted of a blown save and an injury, it’s not that shocking that Rafael Soriano is going to remain the Yankees closer when David Robertson returns from the DL. But in case there was any doubt, Jon Heyman is reporting that the Yankees have, indeed, made that decision.
Also making it easier: Rafael Soriano has been perfect in six save opportunities while allowing only a single run since taking over the job.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)