Jun 1, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Given that David Robertson‘s time as Yankees closer consisted of a blown save and an injury, it’s not that shocking that Rafael Soriano is going to remain the Yankees closer when David Robertson returns from the DL. But in case there was any doubt, Jon Heyman is reporting that the Yankees have, indeed, made that decision.
Also making it easier: Rafael Soriano has been perfect in six save opportunities while allowing only a single run since taking over the job.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)