Jun 1, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Remember when that guy threatened to tell the world about how he and Carl Pavano had “an emotional and physical relationship” in high school unless Pavano gave him a navy Range Rover with tan leather? Well, the investigation into it has been dropped:
Police in Connecticut have closed an investigation into allegations of a blackmail attempt against Minnesota Twins pitcher Carl Pavano without making an arrest.
Southington police Lt. Lowell DePalma said the case was closed because Pavano and his family declined to provide statements.
You’ll recall that it was Pavano’s sister who received the alleged threat and contacted police. The extortion suspect, Christian Bedard, had this to say about her and the investigation:
Bedard said Thursday, May 31, that he is glad the investigation is over. He said, “Carl and the Pavano family can thank his sister for bringing national attention to these false allegations and our relationship.”
If you care about such things, Bedard said at the time of the original report that the fact of he and Pavano’s relationship was true, just that he never threatened Pavano with revealing it. It seems like he still stands by that. As a legal matter, however, the case is closed.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)