Jun 1, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Remember when that guy threatened to tell the world about how he and Carl Pavano had “an emotional and physical relationship” in high school unless Pavano gave him a navy Range Rover with tan leather? Well, the investigation into it has been dropped:
Police in Connecticut have closed an investigation into allegations of a blackmail attempt against Minnesota Twins pitcher Carl Pavano without making an arrest.
Southington police Lt. Lowell DePalma said the case was closed because Pavano and his family declined to provide statements.
You’ll recall that it was Pavano’s sister who received the alleged threat and contacted police. The extortion suspect, Christian Bedard, had this to say about her and the investigation:
Bedard said Thursday, May 31, that he is glad the investigation is over. He said, “Carl and the Pavano family can thank his sister for bringing national attention to these false allegations and our relationship.”
If you care about such things, Bedard said at the time of the original report that the fact of he and Pavano’s relationship was true, just that he never threatened Pavano with revealing it. It seems like he still stands by that. As a legal matter, however, the case is closed.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 13
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 55
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte