Jun 1, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
Last Saturday the Marlins had a carnival of some kind at the ballpark, and one of the features at the carnival was a rock climbing wall. You’ve seen these before: kids climb them with harnesses and stuff. Well, when the harness doesn’t work, it’s bad news:
Emily Davis was testing her climbing skills during Saturday’s game. When she reached the top, her safety harness failed and she crashed on the pavement below, where there was no padding … Emily was first in line to climb the wall. Her father said he thinks the steel cable that was supposed to be connected to the harness wasn’t.
She suffered a concussion and bruising but is doing OK now and spoke with the Miami NBC affiliate about it. Her dad spoke too, and it sounds like things are gonna get all law-suity soon:
Jeff Davis said he blames the rock climbing wall company and the Marlins.
“If I have a rock-climbing wall at my house, and you come over to my party, and your kid falls in my front yard, I would feel, I don’t even care about who I hired, you’re in my house and my yard, I would feel responsible,” he said.
The Marlins said they’re investigating the incident.
And, presumably, talking to their lawyers and are getting ready to call the Davis’ lawyer and offer a settlement to cut this off before it gets going.
(thanks to Old Gator for the heads up)
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 34
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 38
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 77
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (216)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)