Jun 1, 2012, 8:49 AM EST
Last Saturday the Marlins had a carnival of some kind at the ballpark, and one of the features at the carnival was a rock climbing wall. You’ve seen these before: kids climb them with harnesses and stuff. Well, when the harness doesn’t work, it’s bad news:
Emily Davis was testing her climbing skills during Saturday’s game. When she reached the top, her safety harness failed and she crashed on the pavement below, where there was no padding … Emily was first in line to climb the wall. Her father said he thinks the steel cable that was supposed to be connected to the harness wasn’t.
She suffered a concussion and bruising but is doing OK now and spoke with the Miami NBC affiliate about it. Her dad spoke too, and it sounds like things are gonna get all law-suity soon:
Jeff Davis said he blames the rock climbing wall company and the Marlins.
“If I have a rock-climbing wall at my house, and you come over to my party, and your kid falls in my front yard, I would feel, I don’t even care about who I hired, you’re in my house and my yard, I would feel responsible,” he said.
The Marlins said they’re investigating the incident.
And, presumably, talking to their lawyers and are getting ready to call the Davis’ lawyer and offer a settlement to cut this off before it gets going.
(thanks to Old Gator for the heads up)
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)