Jun 1, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
Last Saturday the Marlins had a carnival of some kind at the ballpark, and one of the features at the carnival was a rock climbing wall. You’ve seen these before: kids climb them with harnesses and stuff. Well, when the harness doesn’t work, it’s bad news:
Emily Davis was testing her climbing skills during Saturday’s game. When she reached the top, her safety harness failed and she crashed on the pavement below, where there was no padding … Emily was first in line to climb the wall. Her father said he thinks the steel cable that was supposed to be connected to the harness wasn’t.
She suffered a concussion and bruising but is doing OK now and spoke with the Miami NBC affiliate about it. Her dad spoke too, and it sounds like things are gonna get all law-suity soon:
Jeff Davis said he blames the rock climbing wall company and the Marlins.
“If I have a rock-climbing wall at my house, and you come over to my party, and your kid falls in my front yard, I would feel, I don’t even care about who I hired, you’re in my house and my yard, I would feel responsible,” he said.
The Marlins said they’re investigating the incident.
And, presumably, talking to their lawyers and are getting ready to call the Davis’ lawyer and offer a settlement to cut this off before it gets going.
(thanks to Old Gator for the heads up)
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming