Jun 1, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
Last Saturday the Marlins had a carnival of some kind at the ballpark, and one of the features at the carnival was a rock climbing wall. You’ve seen these before: kids climb them with harnesses and stuff. Well, when the harness doesn’t work, it’s bad news:
Emily Davis was testing her climbing skills during Saturday’s game. When she reached the top, her safety harness failed and she crashed on the pavement below, where there was no padding … Emily was first in line to climb the wall. Her father said he thinks the steel cable that was supposed to be connected to the harness wasn’t.
She suffered a concussion and bruising but is doing OK now and spoke with the Miami NBC affiliate about it. Her dad spoke too, and it sounds like things are gonna get all law-suity soon:
Jeff Davis said he blames the rock climbing wall company and the Marlins.
“If I have a rock-climbing wall at my house, and you come over to my party, and your kid falls in my front yard, I would feel, I don’t even care about who I hired, you’re in my house and my yard, I would feel responsible,” he said.
The Marlins said they’re investigating the incident.
And, presumably, talking to their lawyers and are getting ready to call the Davis’ lawyer and offer a settlement to cut this off before it gets going.
(thanks to Old Gator for the heads up)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 36
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 211
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (211)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)