Jun 1, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
The Pirates have placed Charlie Morton on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 30. It’s elbow inflammation, which has likely contributed greatly to his 2-6, 4.65 ERA start.
Of course, it’s also possible that this trip to the DL has nothing to do with Morton’s health and has everything to do with Morton’s desire to emulate Roy Halladay.
Quick: someone find me that “rival scout” who called Morton “an absolute clone” of Halladay last year. Maybe he could then hook us up with a doctor who could work out some sort of elbow ligament/lat muscle trade between those two. I’m sure they are perfect matches as donors and stuff.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (100)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)