Jun 1, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
The Pirates have placed Charlie Morton on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 30. It’s elbow inflammation, which has likely contributed greatly to his 2-6, 4.65 ERA start.
Of course, it’s also possible that this trip to the DL has nothing to do with Morton’s health and has everything to do with Morton’s desire to emulate Roy Halladay.
Quick: someone find me that “rival scout” who called Morton “an absolute clone” of Halladay last year. Maybe he could then hook us up with a doctor who could work out some sort of elbow ligament/lat muscle trade between those two. I’m sure they are perfect matches as donors and stuff.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 63
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 62
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29