Jun 1, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
The Pirates have placed Charlie Morton on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 30. It’s elbow inflammation, which has likely contributed greatly to his 2-6, 4.65 ERA start.
Of course, it’s also possible that this trip to the DL has nothing to do with Morton’s health and has everything to do with Morton’s desire to emulate Roy Halladay.
Quick: someone find me that “rival scout” who called Morton “an absolute clone” of Halladay last year. Maybe he could then hook us up with a doctor who could work out some sort of elbow ligament/lat muscle trade between those two. I’m sure they are perfect matches as donors and stuff.
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 0
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 22
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)