Jun 1, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
The Pirates have placed Charlie Morton on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 30. It’s elbow inflammation, which has likely contributed greatly to his 2-6, 4.65 ERA start.
Of course, it’s also possible that this trip to the DL has nothing to do with Morton’s health and has everything to do with Morton’s desire to emulate Roy Halladay.
Quick: someone find me that “rival scout” who called Morton “an absolute clone” of Halladay last year. Maybe he could then hook us up with a doctor who could work out some sort of elbow ligament/lat muscle trade between those two. I’m sure they are perfect matches as donors and stuff.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 31
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)