Jun 1, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
The Pirates have placed Charlie Morton on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 30. It’s elbow inflammation, which has likely contributed greatly to his 2-6, 4.65 ERA start.
Of course, it’s also possible that this trip to the DL has nothing to do with Morton’s health and has everything to do with Morton’s desire to emulate Roy Halladay.
Quick: someone find me that “rival scout” who called Morton “an absolute clone” of Halladay last year. Maybe he could then hook us up with a doctor who could work out some sort of elbow ligament/lat muscle trade between those two. I’m sure they are perfect matches as donors and stuff.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 10
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)