Jun 1, 2012, 11:34 AM EST
UPDATE: Now Reds GM Ben Cherington denies the report. Color me skeptical.
Red Sox are telling teams they definitely intend to trade Youkilis.
— DKnobler (@DKnobler) June 1, 2012
Youkilis is hitting .250/.318/.406 in limited play this year. Though he is hitting well — .313./.371/.531 with two homers — since coming off the DL.
When we heard those rumblings, the word was that he needed a couple of weeks of good play to be truly marketable. Well, he’s had them. So I guess now he’ll be marketed.
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 19
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 62
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)