Jun 1, 2012, 11:34 AM EDT
UPDATE: Now Reds GM Ben Cherington denies the report. Color me skeptical.
Red Sox are telling teams they definitely intend to trade Youkilis.
— DKnobler (@DKnobler) June 1, 2012
Youkilis is hitting .250/.318/.406 in limited play this year. Though he is hitting well — .313./.371/.531 with two homers — since coming off the DL.
When we heard those rumblings, the word was that he needed a couple of weeks of good play to be truly marketable. Well, he’s had them. So I guess now he’ll be marketed.
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 6
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 65
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 62
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)