Jun 1, 2012, 11:34 AM EST
UPDATE: Now Reds GM Ben Cherington denies the report. Color me skeptical.
Red Sox are telling teams they definitely intend to trade Youkilis.
— DKnobler (@DKnobler) June 1, 2012
Youkilis is hitting .250/.318/.406 in limited play this year. Though he is hitting well — .313./.371/.531 with two homers — since coming off the DL.
When we heard those rumblings, the word was that he needed a couple of weeks of good play to be truly marketable. Well, he’s had them. So I guess now he’ll be marketed.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)