Jun 2, 2012, 7:23 PM EDT
Dickey pitched a seven-hitter for his third career shutout as the Mets topped the Cardinals 5-0 on Saturday. He’s won six straight and is now tied for the major league lead in victories at 8-1 with a 2.69 ERA for the season.
Thanks to Santana and Dickey, the Mets have recorded four shutouts in seven games. Santana notched two of them by himself. The Mets also won 2-0 behind Dickey against the Padres last Sunday, though the bullpen got the final five outs that day.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 11
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)