Jun 2, 2012, 7:23 PM EDT
Dickey pitched a seven-hitter for his third career shutout as the Mets topped the Cardinals 5-0 on Saturday. He’s won six straight and is now tied for the major league lead in victories at 8-1 with a 2.69 ERA for the season.
Thanks to Santana and Dickey, the Mets have recorded four shutouts in seven games. Santana notched two of them by himself. The Mets also won 2-0 behind Dickey against the Padres last Sunday, though the bullpen got the final five outs that day.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)