Jun 2, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
UPDATE: Adam Rubin of ESPN New York was told by two people that it was Ramon Ramirez, not Elvin Ramirez, who got hurt in the no-hitter celebration. Sounds like Joel Sherman’s source mixed up his Ramirezes.
Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) June 02, 2012
Seriously, can we get a break from #LOLMets for 24 hours?
Ramirez was just called up from the minors yesterday and if Sherman’s report is true, it appears he’ll have to wait a while to make his major league debut.
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 24
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 17
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 44
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 39
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)