Jun 2, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
UPDATE: Adam Rubin of ESPN New York was told by two people that it was Ramon Ramirez, not Elvin Ramirez, who got hurt in the no-hitter celebration. Sounds like Joel Sherman’s source mixed up his Ramirezes.
Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) June 02, 2012
Seriously, can we get a break from #LOLMets for 24 hours?
Ramirez was just called up from the minors yesterday and if Sherman’s report is true, it appears he’ll have to wait a while to make his major league debut.
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 2
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)