Jun 2, 2012, 10:25 AM EDT
There were so many things to talk about in the aftermath of Johan Santana‘s no-hitter that this one flew under the radar a bit. Still, it’s pretty entertaining.
After Santana struck out Cardinals’ third baseman David Freese to complete the no-hitter, he was mobbed on the mound by teammates and coaches. But there was also someone in the pile who clearly didn’t belong. Adorned in Gary Carter’s No. 8 and a pair of jean shorts, a fan came running from right field to celebrate history.
The unidentified fan, a man who appeared to be in mid-20s and possibly intoxicated and/or euphoric, actually stuck around in the scrum for quite some time before being pulled away and tackled by two security guards. You can watch video of the celebration here. The fan comes into the frame at about the 18-second mark.
I don’t condone running on the field, but if you are going to get arrested and possibly banned from Citi Field for life, picking the first Mets’ no-hitter is a pretty good time to do it.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)