Jun 2, 2012, 10:25 AM EDT
There were so many things to talk about in the aftermath of Johan Santana‘s no-hitter that this one flew under the radar a bit. Still, it’s pretty entertaining.
After Santana struck out Cardinals’ third baseman David Freese to complete the no-hitter, he was mobbed on the mound by teammates and coaches. But there was also someone in the pile who clearly didn’t belong. Adorned in Gary Carter’s No. 8 and a pair of jean shorts, a fan came running from right field to celebrate history.
The unidentified fan, a man who appeared to be in mid-20s and possibly intoxicated and/or euphoric, actually stuck around in the scrum for quite some time before being pulled away and tackled by two security guards. You can watch video of the celebration here. The fan comes into the frame at about the 18-second mark.
I don’t condone running on the field, but if you are going to get arrested and possibly banned from Citi Field for life, picking the first Mets’ no-hitter is a pretty good time to do it.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 32
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 123
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (123)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)