Jun 2, 2012, 8:19 PM EST
Oswalt gave up a single, a walk and an infield single to start the game, but he got out of that jam with a strikeout and a double-play ball. He gave up another single in the second before finishing his outing.
According to Tim Cowlishaw of the Dallas Morning News, Oswalt was at 91-92 mph consistently with his fastball. That would qualify as a nice surprise even if the gun was a little fast. Oswalt averaged 91.4 mph with his fastball with the Phillies last season, down from 93-94 mph in his prime.
Oswalt is likely to make at least three more minor league starts before joining the Rangers.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)