Jun 2, 2012, 8:19 PM EDT
Oswalt gave up a single, a walk and an infield single to start the game, but he got out of that jam with a strikeout and a double-play ball. He gave up another single in the second before finishing his outing.
According to Tim Cowlishaw of the Dallas Morning News, Oswalt was at 91-92 mph consistently with his fastball. That would qualify as a nice surprise even if the gun was a little fast. Oswalt averaged 91.4 mph with his fastball with the Phillies last season, down from 93-94 mph in his prime.
Oswalt is likely to make at least three more minor league starts before joining the Rangers.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 14
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 69
- The Lester trade is a win-win 107
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 161
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 92
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (161)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (122)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (107)