Jun 2, 2012, 8:19 PM EDT
Oswalt gave up a single, a walk and an infield single to start the game, but he got out of that jam with a strikeout and a double-play ball. He gave up another single in the second before finishing his outing.
According to Tim Cowlishaw of the Dallas Morning News, Oswalt was at 91-92 mph consistently with his fastball. That would qualify as a nice surprise even if the gun was a little fast. Oswalt averaged 91.4 mph with his fastball with the Phillies last season, down from 93-94 mph in his prime.
Oswalt is likely to make at least three more minor league starts before joining the Rangers.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)