Jun 2, 2012, 8:57 AM EDT
Not sure if you’ve heard about him, but this Mike Trout fellow is pretty dang good.
The 20-year-old was in the middle of everything again last night, going 2-for-4 with a triple and three RBI in a 4-2 win over the AL West leading Rangers.
Trout got the Angels on the board in the bottom of the sixth inning with an RBI triple and then scored the tying run on a single by Albert Pujols. After making an excellent running catch to end a scoring threat in the top of the seventh, Trout put the Angels in front by dumping a two-run single in center field.
The Angels have nine wins in their last 11 games and now sit at 27-26 on the season, just 4 1/2 games behind the Rangers. Of course, Trout has been a big part of their recent resurgence, hitting .309/.370/.537 with five home runs, seven doubles, three triples, 19 RBI, eight stolen bases and a .906 OPS in 31 games since being called up from the minors in late April.
Your Friday box scores:
Braves/Nationals – PPD
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)