Jun 3, 2012, 2:50 PM EDT
When Albert Pujols played a couple of games at third base last year it was rather unusual and unexpected. But the fact that he did OK there and didn’t hurt anything will make it easier for Mike Scioscia to make out his lineup card for interleague play in NL parks with greater peace of mind:
Manager Mike Scioscia said Saturday that Pujols will move from first to third and [Kendrys] Morales will play defense for the first time this season when the Angels play interleague games at Colorado next weekend and in Dodger Stadium next week, turning what was considered a possibility two weeks ago into a concrete plan.
Of course the Pujols at third base part of this is less notable, I think, than the Morales at first base part. Because has hasn’t played in the field since he broke his leg over two years ago.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead