Jun 3, 2012, 2:50 PM EST
When Albert Pujols played a couple of games at third base last year it was rather unusual and unexpected. But the fact that he did OK there and didn’t hurt anything will make it easier for Mike Scioscia to make out his lineup card for interleague play in NL parks with greater peace of mind:
Manager Mike Scioscia said Saturday that Pujols will move from first to third and [Kendrys] Morales will play defense for the first time this season when the Angels play interleague games at Colorado next weekend and in Dodger Stadium next week, turning what was considered a possibility two weeks ago into a concrete plan.
Of course the Pujols at third base part of this is less notable, I think, than the Morales at first base part. Because has hasn’t played in the field since he broke his leg over two years ago.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)