Jun 3, 2012, 5:10 PM EDT
There is still no timetable for his return, but there is progress of sorts on the Chase Utley rehab front: he’s heading to Clearwater for extended spring training. Hitting first, but then eventually some fielding.
The fielding is the problem, as his knee problems hurt his lateral movement. So I suppose it’s not yet time to get excited. But it’s not nothing, and after so much nothing, that’s something.
Um, I think. I’m confused too. Sorry.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 52
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 61
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)