Jun 3, 2012, 5:10 PM EST
There is still no timetable for his return, but there is progress of sorts on the Chase Utley rehab front: he’s heading to Clearwater for extended spring training. Hitting first, but then eventually some fielding.
The fielding is the problem, as his knee problems hurt his lateral movement. So I suppose it’s not yet time to get excited. But it’s not nothing, and after so much nothing, that’s something.
Um, I think. I’m confused too. Sorry.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)