Jun 3, 2012, 5:10 PM EDT
There is still no timetable for his return, but there is progress of sorts on the Chase Utley rehab front: he’s heading to Clearwater for extended spring training. Hitting first, but then eventually some fielding.
The fielding is the problem, as his knee problems hurt his lateral movement. So I suppose it’s not yet time to get excited. But it’s not nothing, and after so much nothing, that’s something.
Um, I think. I’m confused too. Sorry.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)