Jun 3, 2012, 5:10 PM EDT
There is still no timetable for his return, but there is progress of sorts on the Chase Utley rehab front: he’s heading to Clearwater for extended spring training. Hitting first, but then eventually some fielding.
The fielding is the problem, as his knee problems hurt his lateral movement. So I suppose it’s not yet time to get excited. But it’s not nothing, and after so much nothing, that’s something.
Um, I think. I’m confused too. Sorry.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 45
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 23
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 42
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)