Jun 3, 2012, 11:49 AM EDT
Is Kevin Youkilis on the block? The anonymous sources say yes, the GM says no. But whatever the Red Sox’ intentions are, Jon Heyman reports that there are three teams who are interested in Youk: The Dodgers, Diamondbacks and Phillies.
Talks are “very preliminary,” he says, but they always start that way. And there wouldn’t seem to be a great rush by anyone to get serious yet, as the deadline is still nearly two months away and none of the interested parties are so far out of their respective division leads or so far ahead in the case of the Dodgers to have to move right this second.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 9
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 177
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (182)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)