Jun 3, 2012, 11:49 AM EDT
Is Kevin Youkilis on the block? The anonymous sources say yes, the GM says no. But whatever the Red Sox’ intentions are, Jon Heyman reports that there are three teams who are interested in Youk: The Dodgers, Diamondbacks and Phillies.
Talks are “very preliminary,” he says, but they always start that way. And there wouldn’t seem to be a great rush by anyone to get serious yet, as the deadline is still nearly two months away and none of the interested parties are so far out of their respective division leads or so far ahead in the case of the Dodgers to have to move right this second.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 105
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 17
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 38
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 41
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 351
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (352)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (193)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)