Jun 3, 2012, 11:49 AM EST
Is Kevin Youkilis on the block? The anonymous sources say yes, the GM says no. But whatever the Red Sox’ intentions are, Jon Heyman reports that there are three teams who are interested in Youk: The Dodgers, Diamondbacks and Phillies.
Talks are “very preliminary,” he says, but they always start that way. And there wouldn’t seem to be a great rush by anyone to get serious yet, as the deadline is still nearly two months away and none of the interested parties are so far out of their respective division leads or so far ahead in the case of the Dodgers to have to move right this second.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)