Jun 3, 2012, 11:49 AM EDT
Is Kevin Youkilis on the block? The anonymous sources say yes, the GM says no. But whatever the Red Sox’ intentions are, Jon Heyman reports that there are three teams who are interested in Youk: The Dodgers, Diamondbacks and Phillies.
Talks are “very preliminary,” he says, but they always start that way. And there wouldn’t seem to be a great rush by anyone to get serious yet, as the deadline is still nearly two months away and none of the interested parties are so far out of their respective division leads or so far ahead in the case of the Dodgers to have to move right this second.
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 34
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 29
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 40
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)