Jun 3, 2012, 11:49 AM EST
Is Kevin Youkilis on the block? The anonymous sources say yes, the GM says no. But whatever the Red Sox’ intentions are, Jon Heyman reports that there are three teams who are interested in Youk: The Dodgers, Diamondbacks and Phillies.
Talks are “very preliminary,” he says, but they always start that way. And there wouldn’t seem to be a great rush by anyone to get serious yet, as the deadline is still nearly two months away and none of the interested parties are so far out of their respective division leads or so far ahead in the case of the Dodgers to have to move right this second.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 7
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 54
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 68
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)