Jun 3, 2012, 3:40 PM EDT
One gets the sense that Red Sox starter Daniel Bard doesn’t really know where the ball’s going these days. Coming in to today’s action he has walked 31 batters to only 32 strikeouts. And today he walked six more in an inning and two thirds, allowing five runs on only a single hit.
And he took out a guy on the Blue Jays to boot. The last batter Bard faced was DH Edwin Encarnacion, who he plunked on the right hand. He stayed in the game to run the bases, but he was lifted for Jeff Mathis later in the game. No word yet on Encarnacion’s status.
Bard’s status: maybe ticketed out of the Red Sox starting rotation if this keeps up.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)