Jun 3, 2012, 1:26 PM EST
Last Wednesday: Hawk Harrelson said umpire Mark Wegner didn’t know a thing about baseball in this league and words to that effect. He’s sorry about that now:
White Sox TV broadcaster Ken Harrelson called umpireMark Wegner on Saturday to apologize for his on-air criticism during the game Wednesday between the Sox and Tampa Bay Rays.
‘‘No one told me to do it,’’ Harrelson said. ‘‘I felt bad after I sat down and thought about it, so I called him and left him a message.’’
Then he took sixteen Advils.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)