Jun 3, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Ichiro is not a power hitter. He has just 98 homers in his career. Two of them came last night, however, as he hit two solo shots off Gavin Floyd to help the M’s — who suddenly have a ton of offense — beat the White Sox 10-8.
Ichiro, who was recently moved to the third spot in the lineup and then back to leadoff when that didn’t work too well, has done the multi-homer game thing before. Indeed, this was his sixth time doing this. His last multi-homer game came against Javier Vazquez in August 2010. That seems like a lot of multi-homer games for a guy who averages fewer than ten bombs a year.
As for the M’s, they have scored 47 runs in the five games on this current road trip. If anyone would like to explain where the hell that came from, they’re more than welcome to do so, because I got nothin’.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (148)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)