Jun 3, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Ichiro is not a power hitter. He has just 98 homers in his career. Two of them came last night, however, as he hit two solo shots off Gavin Floyd to help the M’s — who suddenly have a ton of offense — beat the White Sox 10-8.
Ichiro, who was recently moved to the third spot in the lineup and then back to leadoff when that didn’t work too well, has done the multi-homer game thing before. Indeed, this was his sixth time doing this. His last multi-homer game came against Javier Vazquez in August 2010. That seems like a lot of multi-homer games for a guy who averages fewer than ten bombs a year.
As for the M’s, they have scored 47 runs in the five games on this current road trip. If anyone would like to explain where the hell that came from, they’re more than welcome to do so, because I got nothin’.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 7
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)