Jun 3, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Ichiro is not a power hitter. He has just 98 homers in his career. Two of them came last night, however, as he hit two solo shots off Gavin Floyd to help the M’s — who suddenly have a ton of offense — beat the White Sox 10-8.
Ichiro, who was recently moved to the third spot in the lineup and then back to leadoff when that didn’t work too well, has done the multi-homer game thing before. Indeed, this was his sixth time doing this. His last multi-homer game came against Javier Vazquez in August 2010. That seems like a lot of multi-homer games for a guy who averages fewer than ten bombs a year.
As for the M’s, they have scored 47 runs in the five games on this current road trip. If anyone would like to explain where the hell that came from, they’re more than welcome to do so, because I got nothin’.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)