Jun 3, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
Ichiro is not a power hitter. He has just 98 homers in his career. Two of them came last night, however, as he hit two solo shots off Gavin Floyd to help the M’s — who suddenly have a ton of offense — beat the White Sox 10-8.
Ichiro, who was recently moved to the third spot in the lineup and then back to leadoff when that didn’t work too well, has done the multi-homer game thing before. Indeed, this was his sixth time doing this. His last multi-homer game came against Javier Vazquez in August 2010. That seems like a lot of multi-homer games for a guy who averages fewer than ten bombs a year.
As for the M’s, they have scored 47 runs in the five games on this current road trip. If anyone would like to explain where the hell that came from, they’re more than welcome to do so, because I got nothin’.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)