Jun 3, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Ichiro is not a power hitter. He has just 98 homers in his career. Two of them came last night, however, as he hit two solo shots off Gavin Floyd to help the M’s — who suddenly have a ton of offense — beat the White Sox 10-8.
Ichiro, who was recently moved to the third spot in the lineup and then back to leadoff when that didn’t work too well, has done the multi-homer game thing before. Indeed, this was his sixth time doing this. His last multi-homer game came against Javier Vazquez in August 2010. That seems like a lot of multi-homer games for a guy who averages fewer than ten bombs a year.
As for the M’s, they have scored 47 runs in the five games on this current road trip. If anyone would like to explain where the hell that came from, they’re more than welcome to do so, because I got nothin’.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)