Jun 3, 2012, 7:19 PM EDT
According to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com, Bill Maher has taken the Mets up on one of their limited partnerships and is a part-owner of the club.
Heyman doesn’t know whether Maher anted up the full $20 million the Mets were asking for back when they started offering the partnerships around.
Attending today’s game and wearing a Mets cap, Maher, a stand-up comic who has hosted shows on Comedy Central, ABC and now HBO, told Heyman that he’s always been a Mets fan and that he invested in a limited partnership after discovering the opportunity in December.
He also made it clear that he’s “never been a fan of the DH,” an idea so heinous it could have only have been cooked up by conservatives.
- The beauty of belief 8
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 30
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 69
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)