Jun 3, 2012, 7:19 PM EDT
According to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com, Bill Maher has taken the Mets up on one of their limited partnerships and is a part-owner of the club.
Heyman doesn’t know whether Maher anted up the full $20 million the Mets were asking for back when they started offering the partnerships around.
Attending today’s game and wearing a Mets cap, Maher, a stand-up comic who has hosted shows on Comedy Central, ABC and now HBO, told Heyman that he’s always been a Mets fan and that he invested in a limited partnership after discovering the opportunity in December.
He also made it clear that he’s “never been a fan of the DH,” an idea so heinous it could have only have been cooked up by conservatives.
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 7
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)