Jun 3, 2012, 7:19 PM EST
According to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com, Bill Maher has taken the Mets up on one of their limited partnerships and is a part-owner of the club.
Heyman doesn’t know whether Maher anted up the full $20 million the Mets were asking for back when they started offering the partnerships around.
Attending today’s game and wearing a Mets cap, Maher, a stand-up comic who has hosted shows on Comedy Central, ABC and now HBO, told Heyman that he’s always been a Mets fan and that he invested in a limited partnership after discovering the opportunity in December.
He also made it clear that he’s “never been a fan of the DH,” an idea so heinous it could have only have been cooked up by conservatives.
- MLB declares Hector Olivera a free agent 0
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)