Jun 3, 2012, 7:19 PM EDT
According to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com, Bill Maher has taken the Mets up on one of their limited partnerships and is a part-owner of the club.
Heyman doesn’t know whether Maher anted up the full $20 million the Mets were asking for back when they started offering the partnerships around.
Attending today’s game and wearing a Mets cap, Maher, a stand-up comic who has hosted shows on Comedy Central, ABC and now HBO, told Heyman that he’s always been a Mets fan and that he invested in a limited partnership after discovering the opportunity in December.
He also made it clear that he’s “never been a fan of the DH,” an idea so heinous it could have only have been cooked up by conservatives.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)