Jun 3, 2012, 7:19 PM EDT
According to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com, Bill Maher has taken the Mets up on one of their limited partnerships and is a part-owner of the club.
Heyman doesn’t know whether Maher anted up the full $20 million the Mets were asking for back when they started offering the partnerships around.
Attending today’s game and wearing a Mets cap, Maher, a stand-up comic who has hosted shows on Comedy Central, ABC and now HBO, told Heyman that he’s always been a Mets fan and that he invested in a limited partnership after discovering the opportunity in December.
He also made it clear that he’s “never been a fan of the DH,” an idea so heinous it could have only have been cooked up by conservatives.
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 136
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 83
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 29
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (139)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (84)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)