Jun 3, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Joey Votto hits everywhere, but he really, really loves hitting in Minute Maid Park.
For his career, he’s 55 for 129 with five homers, 19 doubles and 23 RBI in 32 games there, for a line of .426/.479/.736. That’s by far his best numbers at any park where he’s had 50 plate appearances or more. He’s been even more lethal in recent years there, as he’s hitting a cool .500 in 66 at bats in Minute Maid since the beginning of 2010.
Last night was no exception, going 4-for-4 with a homer off Wandy Rodriguez. For the night he drove in two and scored three times. He’s at .345/.475/.621 on the season with nine homers and 32 RBI. Just nutso.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (191)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)