Jun 3, 2012, 9:40 AM EST
Joey Votto hits everywhere, but he really, really loves hitting in Minute Maid Park.
For his career, he’s 55 for 129 with five homers, 19 doubles and 23 RBI in 32 games there, for a line of .426/.479/.736. That’s by far his best numbers at any park where he’s had 50 plate appearances or more. He’s been even more lethal in recent years there, as he’s hitting a cool .500 in 66 at bats in Minute Maid since the beginning of 2010.
Last night was no exception, going 4-for-4 with a homer off Wandy Rodriguez. For the night he drove in two and scored three times. He’s at .345/.475/.621 on the season with nine homers and 32 RBI. Just nutso.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)