Jun 3, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Joey Votto hits everywhere, but he really, really loves hitting in Minute Maid Park.
For his career, he’s 55 for 129 with five homers, 19 doubles and 23 RBI in 32 games there, for a line of .426/.479/.736. That’s by far his best numbers at any park where he’s had 50 plate appearances or more. He’s been even more lethal in recent years there, as he’s hitting a cool .500 in 66 at bats in Minute Maid since the beginning of 2010.
Last night was no exception, going 4-for-4 with a homer off Wandy Rodriguez. For the night he drove in two and scored three times. He’s at .345/.475/.621 on the season with nine homers and 32 RBI. Just nutso.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 21
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 86
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)