Jun 3, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT
“The only way to get healthy is to take time off and it’s not something I’m really interested in doing.”
Well, someone is making him get cool with the idea, because he sat out last night and will likely be out of the lineup again today. Here’s his manager, Ron Roenicke redefining what Braun’s interests are:
“We need to get this thing taken care of so we can get back to worrying about what’s going on out on the field and who we have playing, not who we don’t have playing,” said Roenicke.
Braun is hitting .310/.394/.603 this season. The Brewers need that production badly. But they him for the bulk of the year, in full, not for a few games now at half-speed. Best to rest him and, if he’s not better in a day or two, DL him.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 63
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 62
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29