Jun 3, 2012, 11:02 AM EST
“The only way to get healthy is to take time off and it’s not something I’m really interested in doing.”
Well, someone is making him get cool with the idea, because he sat out last night and will likely be out of the lineup again today. Here’s his manager, Ron Roenicke redefining what Braun’s interests are:
“We need to get this thing taken care of so we can get back to worrying about what’s going on out on the field and who we have playing, not who we don’t have playing,” said Roenicke.
Braun is hitting .310/.394/.603 this season. The Brewers need that production badly. But they him for the bulk of the year, in full, not for a few games now at half-speed. Best to rest him and, if he’s not better in a day or two, DL him.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 28
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 36
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 34
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)