Jun 3, 2012, 8:22 AM EDT
Miguel Cabrera hit two homers last night. But not just any homers. Homers out to center at Comerica Park, officially tallied at 466 and 444 feet. That’s some mileage. Well, 0.17 of a mile, but that’s still a lot of distance. Both were needed too, as it was a tight game throughout, with Detroit beating the Yankees 4-3.
And how about that Jose Valverde? He came in to lock down a one-run lead in the ninth and hit the first batter, allowed his pinch runner to steal, walked the next guy, allowed a double steal to put runners on second and third, hit another batter to load ‘em up, then walked another guy to blow the lead. Thanks to the Tigers rallying in the ninth, however, he was credited with the W.
Dude just knows how to win, doesn’t he?
Tigers 4, Yankees 3
Red Sox 7, Blue Jays 4
Nationals 2, Braves 0
Marlins 5, Phillies 4
Athletics 9, Royals 3
Mets 5, Cardinals 0
Mariners 10, White Sox 8
Dodgers 6, Rockies 2
Orioles 2, Rays 1
Brewers 5, Pirates 1
Twins 7, Indians 4
Reds 12, Astros 9
Angels 3, Rangers 2
Diamondbacks 4, Padres 2
Giants 2, Cubs 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)