Jun 3, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
Get used to this. From a bevy of MLB press releases that just filled my inbox:
Trout hit .324 (35-for-108) with six doubles, two triples, five homers, 11 walks, 16 RBI, 21 runs scored and eight stolen bases in 27 games, as the Angels turned their entire season around. Harper hit .271 (29-for-107) and led National League rookies with 21 runs scored, four triples and ten RBI.
I don’t know if you can bet on postseason awards in Las Vegas, but if you can, they’re probably gonna take the Trout-and-Harper Rookie of the Year parlay off the board soon, because barring an industrial accident, they’re it.
As for the other monthly awards:
- Player of the Month: AL: Josh Hamilton, NL: Giancarlo Stanton;
- Pitcher of the Month: AL: Chris Sale, NL: Gio Gonzalez;
- Deliveryman of the Month: Jim Johnson of the Orioles.
Why only one for all of MLB when the other awards get one per league? Because THE MAN says so, that’s why.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (188)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)