Jun 3, 2012, 2:10 PM EST
Get used to this. From a bevy of MLB press releases that just filled my inbox:
Trout hit .324 (35-for-108) with six doubles, two triples, five homers, 11 walks, 16 RBI, 21 runs scored and eight stolen bases in 27 games, as the Angels turned their entire season around. Harper hit .271 (29-for-107) and led National League rookies with 21 runs scored, four triples and ten RBI.
I don’t know if you can bet on postseason awards in Las Vegas, but if you can, they’re probably gonna take the Trout-and-Harper Rookie of the Year parlay off the board soon, because barring an industrial accident, they’re it.
As for the other monthly awards:
- Player of the Month: AL: Josh Hamilton, NL: Giancarlo Stanton;
- Pitcher of the Month: AL: Chris Sale, NL: Gio Gonzalez;
- Deliveryman of the Month: Jim Johnson of the Orioles.
Why only one for all of MLB when the other awards get one per league? Because THE MAN says so, that’s why.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)