Jun 3, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
Get used to this. From a bevy of MLB press releases that just filled my inbox:
Trout hit .324 (35-for-108) with six doubles, two triples, five homers, 11 walks, 16 RBI, 21 runs scored and eight stolen bases in 27 games, as the Angels turned their entire season around. Harper hit .271 (29-for-107) and led National League rookies with 21 runs scored, four triples and ten RBI.
I don’t know if you can bet on postseason awards in Las Vegas, but if you can, they’re probably gonna take the Trout-and-Harper Rookie of the Year parlay off the board soon, because barring an industrial accident, they’re it.
As for the other monthly awards:
- Player of the Month: AL: Josh Hamilton, NL: Giancarlo Stanton;
- Pitcher of the Month: AL: Chris Sale, NL: Gio Gonzalez;
- Deliveryman of the Month: Jim Johnson of the Orioles.
Why only one for all of MLB when the other awards get one per league? Because THE MAN says so, that’s why.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 14
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 18
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)