Jun 3, 2012, 2:10 PM EST
Get used to this. From a bevy of MLB press releases that just filled my inbox:
Trout hit .324 (35-for-108) with six doubles, two triples, five homers, 11 walks, 16 RBI, 21 runs scored and eight stolen bases in 27 games, as the Angels turned their entire season around. Harper hit .271 (29-for-107) and led National League rookies with 21 runs scored, four triples and ten RBI.
I don’t know if you can bet on postseason awards in Las Vegas, but if you can, they’re probably gonna take the Trout-and-Harper Rookie of the Year parlay off the board soon, because barring an industrial accident, they’re it.
As for the other monthly awards:
- Player of the Month: AL: Josh Hamilton, NL: Giancarlo Stanton;
- Pitcher of the Month: AL: Chris Sale, NL: Gio Gonzalez;
- Deliveryman of the Month: Jim Johnson of the Orioles.
Why only one for all of MLB when the other awards get one per league? Because THE MAN says so, that’s why.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)