Jun 4, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Javy Guerra has allowed just one run in 12 innings since losing the Dodgers’ closer role to Kenley Jansen, but that includes more walks (5) than strikeouts (4) and now he’s been placed on the disabled list with right knee inflammation.
To replace Guerra on the roster and in the bullpen the Dodgers called up Triple-A right-hander Shawn Tolleson, a 24-year-old former 30th-round pick who’s posted insanely good numbers in the minors with a 1.35 ERA and 178/28 K/BB ratio in 120 total innings.
That includes a 2.82 ERA and 34/5 K/BB ratio in 22 innings between Double-A and Triple-A this season, so while Tolleson has never been considered a top prospect he certainly deserves an opportunity to show if he’s for real.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)