Jun 4, 2012, 10:30 AM EST
Blue Jays DH Edwin Encarnacion was plunked by the wild Daniel Bard yesterday and had to leave the game. Good news, though: x-rays came back negative and it seems he just has some bruising. He’s day-to-day. The Jays are off today too, so he has a little extra time.
Encarnacion is having a career year, hitting .279/.348/.578 with 17 homers. Here’s hoping his owie doesn’t derail it.
Oh, and per my obligations:
- Rosenthal: Mariners’ offer to Robinson Cano hasn’t topped $200 million 0
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (127)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)