Jun 4, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Blue Jays DH Edwin Encarnacion was plunked by the wild Daniel Bard yesterday and had to leave the game. Good news, though: x-rays came back negative and it seems he just has some bruising. He’s day-to-day. The Jays are off today too, so he has a little extra time.
Encarnacion is having a career year, hitting .279/.348/.578 with 17 homers. Here’s hoping his owie doesn’t derail it.
Oh, and per my obligations:
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)