Jun 4, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Blue Jays DH Edwin Encarnacion was plunked by the wild Daniel Bard yesterday and had to leave the game. Good news, though: x-rays came back negative and it seems he just has some bruising. He’s day-to-day. The Jays are off today too, so he has a little extra time.
Encarnacion is having a career year, hitting .279/.348/.578 with 17 homers. Here’s hoping his owie doesn’t derail it.
Oh, and per my obligations:
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 10
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 59
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 41
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106