Jun 4, 2012, 8:23 AM EST
Jon Niese was dominating the Cardinals when he left last night’s game. But the reason he left was not because he had no more worlds left to conquer, but because of the return of a problem he faced last year: a rapid heartbeat or, as the doctors call it, tachycardia.
This happened to him late last June in Texas. Afterwards he said it happened before that as well. He went through a battery of tests at at the time, including an electrocardiogram, echocardiogram and a treadmill stress test, all of which came back normal. He didn’t miss a start after it occurred in 2011.
Presumably he’ll be examined again. And hopefully this is just something that happens to him and doesn’t portend any greater health problems and no missed time.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)