Jun 4, 2012, 5:01 PM EST
As we mentioned this morning, Mets starter Jon Niese left Sunday’s game after six shutout innings due to dizziness and a rapid heartbeat. This is the second time that has happened in two seasons. But, as Adam Rubin reports, the doctors say Niese can make his next start:
Jon Niese said doctors satisfied no immediate issue. Will get surgical “ablation” procedure during All-Star break. Won’t miss start.
— Adam Rubin (@AdamRubinESPN) June 4, 2012
Based on my minutes and minutes of Internet research, this would presumably involve small incisions and endoscopes to deliver electricity to the heart to — warning: technical term — schnootzie it back into proper speed and rhythm and shouldn’t be particularly invasive.
And for those of you questioning my medical reportage here, know this: My diagnosis never fails, I know just what to do/ Whenever anybody ails, I’m sympathetic too/ My heart within me melts, [his heart within him melts]/ No matter what I treat them for, they die from something else.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)