Jun 4, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Last season Nicasio was struck on the side of the head by a line drive on August 5 and Saturday while moving out of the way of another liner back up the middle the 25-year-old right-hander twisted his leg.
He was able to limp off the field under his own power, but the Rockies will send Nicasio for an MRI exam anyway and wasted little time placing him on the DL with what they’re calling a left knee strain.
Because of off days on the schedule the Rockies could simply skip Nicasio’s turn in the rotation a couple times while hoping he can return after the minimum 15 days. His 5.28 ERA isn’t pretty, but considering what Nicasio had to come back from his 54/22 K/BB ratio in 58 innings is encouraging.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)