Jun 4, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Last season Nicasio was struck on the side of the head by a line drive on August 5 and Saturday while moving out of the way of another liner back up the middle the 25-year-old right-hander twisted his leg.
He was able to limp off the field under his own power, but the Rockies will send Nicasio for an MRI exam anyway and wasted little time placing him on the DL with what they’re calling a left knee strain.
Because of off days on the schedule the Rockies could simply skip Nicasio’s turn in the rotation a couple times while hoping he can return after the minimum 15 days. His 5.28 ERA isn’t pretty, but considering what Nicasio had to come back from his 54/22 K/BB ratio in 58 innings is encouraging.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 62
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 80
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11