Jun 4, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Last season Nicasio was struck on the side of the head by a line drive on August 5 and Saturday while moving out of the way of another liner back up the middle the 25-year-old right-hander twisted his leg.
He was able to limp off the field under his own power, but the Rockies will send Nicasio for an MRI exam anyway and wasted little time placing him on the DL with what they’re calling a left knee strain.
Because of off days on the schedule the Rockies could simply skip Nicasio’s turn in the rotation a couple times while hoping he can return after the minimum 15 days. His 5.28 ERA isn’t pretty, but considering what Nicasio had to come back from his 54/22 K/BB ratio in 58 innings is encouraging.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 10
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 68
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 72
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (147)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)