Jun 4, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
Sending a star player for an MRI exam just days after signing him to an $85 million contract extension is rough timing, but fortunately for the Orioles the news on Adam Jones‘ wrist injuries is pretty good.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that MRI exams on Jones’ right and left wrists both showed no structural damage and the center fielder could be back in the lineup as soon as tomorrow.
Jones was plunked on the left wrist by a Brandon Morrow pitch on May 30 and played through the pain until aggravating the injury on a slide Sunday. He later revealed that his right wrist has been bothering him since weeks before the Morrow plunking, which makes it pretty remarkable that he’s hit .327 with 10 homers in the past 28 games.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 22
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 76
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (76)