Jun 4, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Sending a star player for an MRI exam just days after signing him to an $85 million contract extension is rough timing, but fortunately for the Orioles the news on Adam Jones‘ wrist injuries is pretty good.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that MRI exams on Jones’ right and left wrists both showed no structural damage and the center fielder could be back in the lineup as soon as tomorrow.
Jones was plunked on the left wrist by a Brandon Morrow pitch on May 30 and played through the pain until aggravating the injury on a slide Sunday. He later revealed that his right wrist has been bothering him since weeks before the Morrow plunking, which makes it pretty remarkable that he’s hit .327 with 10 homers in the past 28 games.
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 0
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 24
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)