Jun 4, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
Sending a star player for an MRI exam just days after signing him to an $85 million contract extension is rough timing, but fortunately for the Orioles the news on Adam Jones‘ wrist injuries is pretty good.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that MRI exams on Jones’ right and left wrists both showed no structural damage and the center fielder could be back in the lineup as soon as tomorrow.
Jones was plunked on the left wrist by a Brandon Morrow pitch on May 30 and played through the pain until aggravating the injury on a slide Sunday. He later revealed that his right wrist has been bothering him since weeks before the Morrow plunking, which makes it pretty remarkable that he’s hit .327 with 10 homers in the past 28 games.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)