Jun 4, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Sending a star player for an MRI exam just days after signing him to an $85 million contract extension is rough timing, but fortunately for the Orioles the news on Adam Jones‘ wrist injuries is pretty good.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that MRI exams on Jones’ right and left wrists both showed no structural damage and the center fielder could be back in the lineup as soon as tomorrow.
Jones was plunked on the left wrist by a Brandon Morrow pitch on May 30 and played through the pain until aggravating the injury on a slide Sunday. He later revealed that his right wrist has been bothering him since weeks before the Morrow plunking, which makes it pretty remarkable that he’s hit .327 with 10 homers in the past 28 games.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 90
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)