Jun 4, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
D.J. wrote on Saturday morning about the jersey-wearing Mets fan who rushed the field after Johan Santana‘s no-hitter and joined in the on-field celebration until security figured out that it was not, in fact, the ghost of Cary Carter, wearing jorts, coming back to revel in the historic accomplishment.
As that went to press, we did not know who the trespasser was. Now we do: Rafael Diaz, age 32. And he’s probably in big trouble with the mother of his son:
Diaz paid a stiff penalty, both at home and Citi Field.
He missed his 1-year-old son’s birthday party Saturday, and the Mets have banned him for life from their home park.
“That’s the bad part,” Diaz said of missing his son’s bash.
Balloons from the party were still all around his home yesterday.
I believe the children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way. Because so many of their parents are impulsive jorts-wearing doorknobs without any sense of priorities.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)