Jun 4, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
D.J. wrote on Saturday morning about the jersey-wearing Mets fan who rushed the field after Johan Santana‘s no-hitter and joined in the on-field celebration until security figured out that it was not, in fact, the ghost of Cary Carter, wearing jorts, coming back to revel in the historic accomplishment.
As that went to press, we did not know who the trespasser was. Now we do: Rafael Diaz, age 32. And he’s probably in big trouble with the mother of his son:
Diaz paid a stiff penalty, both at home and Citi Field.
He missed his 1-year-old son’s birthday party Saturday, and the Mets have banned him for life from their home park.
“That’s the bad part,” Diaz said of missing his son’s bash.
Balloons from the party were still all around his home yesterday.
I believe the children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way. Because so many of their parents are impulsive jorts-wearing doorknobs without any sense of priorities.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 9
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 16
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)