Jun 4, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
D.J. wrote on Saturday morning about the jersey-wearing Mets fan who rushed the field after Johan Santana‘s no-hitter and joined in the on-field celebration until security figured out that it was not, in fact, the ghost of Cary Carter, wearing jorts, coming back to revel in the historic accomplishment.
As that went to press, we did not know who the trespasser was. Now we do: Rafael Diaz, age 32. And he’s probably in big trouble with the mother of his son:
Diaz paid a stiff penalty, both at home and Citi Field.
He missed his 1-year-old son’s birthday party Saturday, and the Mets have banned him for life from their home park.
“That’s the bad part,” Diaz said of missing his son’s bash.
Balloons from the party were still all around his home yesterday.
I believe the children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way. Because so many of their parents are impulsive jorts-wearing doorknobs without any sense of priorities.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 43
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)