Jun 4, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
D.J. wrote on Saturday morning about the jersey-wearing Mets fan who rushed the field after Johan Santana‘s no-hitter and joined in the on-field celebration until security figured out that it was not, in fact, the ghost of Cary Carter, wearing jorts, coming back to revel in the historic accomplishment.
As that went to press, we did not know who the trespasser was. Now we do: Rafael Diaz, age 32. And he’s probably in big trouble with the mother of his son:
Diaz paid a stiff penalty, both at home and Citi Field.
He missed his 1-year-old son’s birthday party Saturday, and the Mets have banned him for life from their home park.
“That’s the bad part,” Diaz said of missing his son’s bash.
Balloons from the party were still all around his home yesterday.
I believe the children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way. Because so many of their parents are impulsive jorts-wearing doorknobs without any sense of priorities.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)