Jun 4, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
And now the latest development in what has been a more than three-year back and forth between Pablo Sandoval and the Giants over his conditioning:
Bochy met with Pablo on Saturday. Left clear impression club is very unhappy with his general condition, dedication.
— Andrew Baggarly (@CSNBaggs) June 4, 2012
Baggarly later tweeted that Bochy said the Giants “have enough first basemen,” though that could be Sandoval’s destination if he can’t pick it at third. UPDATE: Here’s a more thorough story from Baggarly at CSNBayArea.com.
Sandoval is still rehabbing from another broken hamate bone, and he has recently found himself in a little hot water too. If he’s letting his conditioning go enough to where his manager is once again mentioning it in public, it’s yet another thing not going well for the Panda.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 0
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 24
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 67
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 74
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)