Jun 4, 2012, 2:31 PM EST
And now the latest development in what has been a more than three-year back and forth between Pablo Sandoval and the Giants over his conditioning:
Bochy met with Pablo on Saturday. Left clear impression club is very unhappy with his general condition, dedication.
— Andrew Baggarly (@CSNBaggs) June 4, 2012
Baggarly later tweeted that Bochy said the Giants “have enough first basemen,” though that could be Sandoval’s destination if he can’t pick it at third. UPDATE: Here’s a more thorough story from Baggarly at CSNBayArea.com.
Sandoval is still rehabbing from another broken hamate bone, and he has recently found himself in a little hot water too. If he’s letting his conditioning go enough to where his manager is once again mentioning it in public, it’s yet another thing not going well for the Panda.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)