Jun 4, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
And now the latest development in what has been a more than three-year back and forth between Pablo Sandoval and the Giants over his conditioning:
Bochy met with Pablo on Saturday. Left clear impression club is very unhappy with his general condition, dedication.
— Andrew Baggarly (@CSNBaggs) June 4, 2012
Baggarly later tweeted that Bochy said the Giants “have enough first basemen,” though that could be Sandoval’s destination if he can’t pick it at third. UPDATE: Here’s a more thorough story from Baggarly at CSNBayArea.com.
Sandoval is still rehabbing from another broken hamate bone, and he has recently found himself in a little hot water too. If he’s letting his conditioning go enough to where his manager is once again mentioning it in public, it’s yet another thing not going well for the Panda.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)