Jun 4, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
And now the latest development in what has been a more than three-year back and forth between Pablo Sandoval and the Giants over his conditioning:
Bochy met with Pablo on Saturday. Left clear impression club is very unhappy with his general condition, dedication.
— Andrew Baggarly (@CSNBaggs) June 4, 2012
Baggarly later tweeted that Bochy said the Giants “have enough first basemen,” though that could be Sandoval’s destination if he can’t pick it at third. UPDATE: Here’s a more thorough story from Baggarly at CSNBayArea.com.
Sandoval is still rehabbing from another broken hamate bone, and he has recently found himself in a little hot water too. If he’s letting his conditioning go enough to where his manager is once again mentioning it in public, it’s yet another thing not going well for the Panda.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)