Jun 4, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
And now the latest development in what has been a more than three-year back and forth between Pablo Sandoval and the Giants over his conditioning:
Bochy met with Pablo on Saturday. Left clear impression club is very unhappy with his general condition, dedication.
— Andrew Baggarly (@CSNBaggs) June 4, 2012
Baggarly later tweeted that Bochy said the Giants “have enough first basemen,” though that could be Sandoval’s destination if he can’t pick it at third. UPDATE: Here’s a more thorough story from Baggarly at CSNBayArea.com.
Sandoval is still rehabbing from another broken hamate bone, and he has recently found himself in a little hot water too. If he’s letting his conditioning go enough to where his manager is once again mentioning it in public, it’s yet another thing not going well for the Panda.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 96
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 71
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 44
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (98)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)