Jun 4, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Late in yesterday’s Yankees-Tigers game at Comerica Park, a fan got on the field and began to run around.
And run around.
And run around some more.
Indeed, he was on the field for a long time as far as these things go — giving Nick Swisher a fist bump and then going up to Robinson Cano and asking for his glove — with Comerica Park security taking its time to corral him. And the Yankees weren’t too pleased about it:
“That can’t happen,” Girardi said. “People have got to get out there. You worry about your guy.”
Though the Yankees lucked out, and the fan turned out to be harmless, Teixeira nevertheless wondered why he wasn’t taken off the field sooner.
“Most stadiums are great and security is on them in seconds,” Teixeira said.
This is somewhat troubling. That said, as I plan on going to Comerica Park in early August, it is also good information to have in case I get a little bored and restless and feel like going for a run.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)