Jun 4, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
Late in yesterday’s Yankees-Tigers game at Comerica Park, a fan got on the field and began to run around.
And run around.
And run around some more.
Indeed, he was on the field for a long time as far as these things go — giving Nick Swisher a fist bump and then going up to Robinson Cano and asking for his glove — with Comerica Park security taking its time to corral him. And the Yankees weren’t too pleased about it:
“That can’t happen,” Girardi said. “People have got to get out there. You worry about your guy.”
Though the Yankees lucked out, and the fan turned out to be harmless, Teixeira nevertheless wondered why he wasn’t taken off the field sooner.
“Most stadiums are great and security is on them in seconds,” Teixeira said.
This is somewhat troubling. That said, as I plan on going to Comerica Park in early August, it is also good information to have in case I get a little bored and restless and feel like going for a run.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)