Jun 4, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Late in yesterday’s Yankees-Tigers game at Comerica Park, a fan got on the field and began to run around.
And run around.
And run around some more.
Indeed, he was on the field for a long time as far as these things go — giving Nick Swisher a fist bump and then going up to Robinson Cano and asking for his glove — with Comerica Park security taking its time to corral him. And the Yankees weren’t too pleased about it:
“That can’t happen,” Girardi said. “People have got to get out there. You worry about your guy.”
Though the Yankees lucked out, and the fan turned out to be harmless, Teixeira nevertheless wondered why he wasn’t taken off the field sooner.
“Most stadiums are great and security is on them in seconds,” Teixeira said.
This is somewhat troubling. That said, as I plan on going to Comerica Park in early August, it is also good information to have in case I get a little bored and restless and feel like going for a run.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 55
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte