Jun 4, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Late in yesterday’s Yankees-Tigers game at Comerica Park, a fan got on the field and began to run around.
And run around.
And run around some more.
Indeed, he was on the field for a long time as far as these things go — giving Nick Swisher a fist bump and then going up to Robinson Cano and asking for his glove — with Comerica Park security taking its time to corral him. And the Yankees weren’t too pleased about it:
“That can’t happen,” Girardi said. “People have got to get out there. You worry about your guy.”
Though the Yankees lucked out, and the fan turned out to be harmless, Teixeira nevertheless wondered why he wasn’t taken off the field sooner.
“Most stadiums are great and security is on them in seconds,” Teixeira said.
This is somewhat troubling. That said, as I plan on going to Comerica Park in early August, it is also good information to have in case I get a little bored and restless and feel like going for a run.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)