Jun 5, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
A touching story about a fan’s final game at AT&T Park with his beloved Giants.
The writer included a familiar photo at the end, but before I even got to it — indeed, every time I read anything along these lines — all I can wonder is if the departed was a man who loved the outdoors… and bowling, and if, as a surfer, he explored the beaches of Southern California, from La Jolla to Leo Carrillo and… up to… Pismo.
Nice story. Whoever is around when I kick it can do something similar with my ashes. I’ll let you know where beforehand. Haven’t decided yet.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 40
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 43
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 37
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 36
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 86
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 92
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (95)