Jun 5, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
A touching story about a fan’s final game at AT&T Park with his beloved Giants.
The writer included a familiar photo at the end, but before I even got to it — indeed, every time I read anything along these lines — all I can wonder is if the departed was a man who loved the outdoors… and bowling, and if, as a surfer, he explored the beaches of Southern California, from La Jolla to Leo Carrillo and… up to… Pismo.
Nice story. Whoever is around when I kick it can do something similar with my ashes. I’ll let you know where beforehand. Haven’t decided yet.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 17
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)