Jun 5, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
A touching story about a fan’s final game at AT&T Park with his beloved Giants.
The writer included a familiar photo at the end, but before I even got to it — indeed, every time I read anything along these lines — all I can wonder is if the departed was a man who loved the outdoors… and bowling, and if, as a surfer, he explored the beaches of Southern California, from La Jolla to Leo Carrillo and… up to… Pismo.
Nice story. Whoever is around when I kick it can do something similar with my ashes. I’ll let you know where beforehand. Haven’t decided yet.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 10
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 26
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 30
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (106)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)