Jun 5, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
A touching story about a fan’s final game at AT&T Park with his beloved Giants.
The writer included a familiar photo at the end, but before I even got to it — indeed, every time I read anything along these lines — all I can wonder is if the departed was a man who loved the outdoors… and bowling, and if, as a surfer, he explored the beaches of Southern California, from La Jolla to Leo Carrillo and… up to… Pismo.
Nice story. Whoever is around when I kick it can do something similar with my ashes. I’ll let you know where beforehand. Haven’t decided yet.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)