Jun 5, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Out since late April following hernia surgery, Brad Lidge began a minor-league rehab assignment yesterday at Single-A and his first appearance was pretty shaky.
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that Lidge struck out the first batter he faced, walked the second batter, and then gave up back-to-back singles before being yanked because he’d reached the outing’s scheduled pitch count.
In all he threw just 10 of 22 pitches for strikes, and according to Zuckerman he’ll likely be asked to make at least 2-3 more appearances before potentially coming off the disabled list next week.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?