Jun 5, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Out since late April following hernia surgery, Brad Lidge began a minor-league rehab assignment yesterday at Single-A and his first appearance was pretty shaky.
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that Lidge struck out the first batter he faced, walked the second batter, and then gave up back-to-back singles before being yanked because he’d reached the outing’s scheduled pitch count.
In all he threw just 10 of 22 pitches for strikes, and according to Zuckerman he’ll likely be asked to make at least 2-3 more appearances before potentially coming off the disabled list next week.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11