Jun 5, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Out since late April following hernia surgery, Brad Lidge began a minor-league rehab assignment yesterday at Single-A and his first appearance was pretty shaky.
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that Lidge struck out the first batter he faced, walked the second batter, and then gave up back-to-back singles before being yanked because he’d reached the outing’s scheduled pitch count.
In all he threw just 10 of 22 pitches for strikes, and according to Zuckerman he’ll likely be asked to make at least 2-3 more appearances before potentially coming off the disabled list next week.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 68
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 46
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)