Jun 5, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Out since late April following hernia surgery, Brad Lidge began a minor-league rehab assignment yesterday at Single-A and his first appearance was pretty shaky.
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that Lidge struck out the first batter he faced, walked the second batter, and then gave up back-to-back singles before being yanked because he’d reached the outing’s scheduled pitch count.
In all he threw just 10 of 22 pitches for strikes, and according to Zuckerman he’ll likely be asked to make at least 2-3 more appearances before potentially coming off the disabled list next week.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)