Jun 5, 2012, 11:34 PM EDT
It was Harper’s second RBI single of the game. He started the scoring with his hit in the third.
Going into the day, Harper hadn’t driven in anyone except himself in the last two weeks. He did have three solo homers since his last hit to drive in a baserunner on May 22. Overall, he has 14 RBI to go along with his five homers and .288 average in 33 games.
Harper’s hit made a winner of Ross Detwiler out of the pen. Rule 5 pick Elvin Ramirez walked three in 1 2/3 innings and took the loss.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 18
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 5
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 86
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)