Jun 5, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Carlos Santana is back in the Indians’ lineup tonight after missing the past 10 days with a concussion and he’s batting cleanup, but manager Manny Acta has him in the designated hitter spot instead of catching.
Santana started at DH and homered yesterday in a minor-league rehab game to convince the Indians that he’s ready to return after taking a foul ball to the face mask on May 25.
Prior to the concussion Santana hit .245 with five homers and a .747 OPS in 43 games while making 31 starts at catcher, three starts at first base, and three starts at DH.
In his absence Lou Marson took over as the primary catcher, with Luke Carlin backing him up.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)