Jun 5, 2012, 10:08 PM EDT
Cliff Lee still can’t catch a break. The Phillies left-hander fanned 12 while allowing two runs in 7 2/3 innings Tuesday against the Dodgers, but he still took a loss in a 2-1 game, leaving him 0-3 on the season.
Lee has gone nine outings without a win despite a 2.92 ERA. He’s given the Phillies seven quality starts and he even went 10 scoreless innings against the Giants in April, yet not once has the outcome fallen in his favor.
In the Phillies’ defense, they did score five runs in Lee’s May 25 start and 10 runs on May 30, winning both games. Unfortunately, the bulk of the runs came too late for Lee. Both games were tied 3-3 when he exited.
Give Chad Billingsley the credit for shutting down the Phillies tonight. He allowed just one extra-base hit — a Jimmy Rollins double — and one walk in seven innings of work. Josh Lindblom and Kenley Jansen finished up from there.
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 1
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 78
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)