Jun 5, 2012, 10:08 PM EDT
Cliff Lee still can’t catch a break. The Phillies left-hander fanned 12 while allowing two runs in 7 2/3 innings Tuesday against the Dodgers, but he still took a loss in a 2-1 game, leaving him 0-3 on the season.
Lee has gone nine outings without a win despite a 2.92 ERA. He’s given the Phillies seven quality starts and he even went 10 scoreless innings against the Giants in April, yet not once has the outcome fallen in his favor.
In the Phillies’ defense, they did score five runs in Lee’s May 25 start and 10 runs on May 30, winning both games. Unfortunately, the bulk of the runs came too late for Lee. Both games were tied 3-3 when he exited.
Give Chad Billingsley the credit for shutting down the Phillies tonight. He allowed just one extra-base hit — a Jimmy Rollins double — and one walk in seven innings of work. Josh Lindblom and Kenley Jansen finished up from there.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)