Jun 5, 2012, 10:08 PM EST
Cliff Lee still can’t catch a break. The Phillies left-hander fanned 12 while allowing two runs in 7 2/3 innings Tuesday against the Dodgers, but he still took a loss in a 2-1 game, leaving him 0-3 on the season.
Lee has gone nine outings without a win despite a 2.92 ERA. He’s given the Phillies seven quality starts and he even went 10 scoreless innings against the Giants in April, yet not once has the outcome fallen in his favor.
In the Phillies’ defense, they did score five runs in Lee’s May 25 start and 10 runs on May 30, winning both games. Unfortunately, the bulk of the runs came too late for Lee. Both games were tied 3-3 when he exited.
Give Chad Billingsley the credit for shutting down the Phillies tonight. He allowed just one extra-base hit — a Jimmy Rollins double — and one walk in seven innings of work. Josh Lindblom and Kenley Jansen finished up from there.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)