Jun 5, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
UPDATE: As expected, Pedroia is back in the Red Sox’s lineup tonight, batting second and playing second base.
So much for Dustin Pedroia missing 3-4 weeks with a torn thumb muscle.
Pedroia has remained on the active roster without playing since May 28 and now Rob Bradford of WEEI.com reports that the Red Sox second baseman will be back in the lineup for tonight’s game against the Orioles at Fenway Park.
So instead of missing a month he’ll end up missing just six games, although how Pedroia performs while playing through the injury is another issue.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)