Jun 5, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
UPDATE: As expected, Pedroia is back in the Red Sox’s lineup tonight, batting second and playing second base.
So much for Dustin Pedroia missing 3-4 weeks with a torn thumb muscle.
Pedroia has remained on the active roster without playing since May 28 and now Rob Bradford of WEEI.com reports that the Red Sox second baseman will be back in the lineup for tonight’s game against the Orioles at Fenway Park.
So instead of missing a month he’ll end up missing just six games, although how Pedroia performs while playing through the injury is another issue.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 65
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 46
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)