Jun 5, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
UPDATE: As expected, Pedroia is back in the Red Sox’s lineup tonight, batting second and playing second base.
So much for Dustin Pedroia missing 3-4 weeks with a torn thumb muscle.
Pedroia has remained on the active roster without playing since May 28 and now Rob Bradford of WEEI.com reports that the Red Sox second baseman will be back in the lineup for tonight’s game against the Orioles at Fenway Park.
So instead of missing a month he’ll end up missing just six games, although how Pedroia performs while playing through the injury is another issue.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 34
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 20
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 90
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)