Jun 5, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
Yesterday the Dodgers placed Javy Guerra on the disabled list with knee inflammation and today they announced that the reliever underwent knee surgery.
Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that Guerra is expected to miss 4-6 weeks, which essentially knocks him out for the remainder of the first half.
Guerra was stripped of closer duties in favor of Kenley Jansen in early May and since then had more walks (5) than strikeouts (4) in 12 innings, although he still managed to post a nice-looking 0.77 ERA.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?