Jun 5, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
Yesterday the Dodgers placed Javy Guerra on the disabled list with knee inflammation and today they announced that the reliever underwent knee surgery.
Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that Guerra is expected to miss 4-6 weeks, which essentially knocks him out for the remainder of the first half.
Guerra was stripped of closer duties in favor of Kenley Jansen in early May and since then had more walks (5) than strikeouts (4) in 12 innings, although he still managed to post a nice-looking 0.77 ERA.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17