Jun 5, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
Yesterday the Dodgers placed Javy Guerra on the disabled list with knee inflammation and today they announced that the reliever underwent knee surgery.
Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that Guerra is expected to miss 4-6 weeks, which essentially knocks him out for the remainder of the first half.
Guerra was stripped of closer duties in favor of Kenley Jansen in early May and since then had more walks (5) than strikeouts (4) in 12 innings, although he still managed to post a nice-looking 0.77 ERA.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 58
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 74
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)