Jun 5, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
Yesterday the Dodgers placed Javy Guerra on the disabled list with knee inflammation and today they announced that the reliever underwent knee surgery.
Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that Guerra is expected to miss 4-6 weeks, which essentially knocks him out for the remainder of the first half.
Guerra was stripped of closer duties in favor of Kenley Jansen in early May and since then had more walks (5) than strikeouts (4) in 12 innings, although he still managed to post a nice-looking 0.77 ERA.
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 7
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 7
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 17
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 59
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 23
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)