Jun 5, 2012, 5:32 PM EDT
Jonathan Niese left Sunday’s start with a rapid heartbeat. Yesterday he told reporters that he’d have the ablation procedure to correct it at the All-Star break. Today, however, the Mets announced that it will go down in the offseason.
Given that the doctors were likely weighing the danger of the heartbeat thing against the disruption the ablation procedure would cause for his season and came out in favor of pushing the procedure off suggests that, no, the heartbeat thing is not a major concern.
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness