Jun 5, 2012, 5:32 PM EDT
Jonathan Niese left Sunday’s start with a rapid heartbeat. Yesterday he told reporters that he’d have the ablation procedure to correct it at the All-Star break. Today, however, the Mets announced that it will go down in the offseason.
Given that the doctors were likely weighing the danger of the heartbeat thing against the disruption the ablation procedure would cause for his season and came out in favor of pushing the procedure off suggests that, no, the heartbeat thing is not a major concern.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)