Jun 5, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Pittsburgh is on the hook for his entire $1.75 million salary, so Baltimore is merely adding some Triple-A outfield depth and will hope McLouth can show some signs of life for the first time since 2009.
He’s still just 30 years old, but McLouth has hit .203 with a .624 OPS in 200 games since the beginning of 2010 and looked completely lost as a part-timer for the Pirates this season.
In addition to McLouth the Triple-A Norfolk lineup also now includes Miguel Tejada, Lew Ford, Bill Hall, and a rehabbing Brian Roberts, so they’d definitely have to be considered International League favorites for 2006.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming