Jun 5, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Feldman failed to make it out of the second inning last night against the A’s, allowing eight runs to an offense that ranked dead last among AL teams in batting average, on-base percentage, slugging percentage, and runs scored.
It was Feldman’s fourth straight loss and the fourth straight time he couldn’t complete five innings, leaving him with a 7.01 ERA and 14/13 K/BB ratio in 26 innings overall this season.
When asked afterward whether he could continue to stick with Feldman, manager Ron Washington replied: “I don’t think I had time to think about anything like that. We don’t have a lot of options.”
Not exactly a ringing endorsement, and as Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas points out the Rangers could turn to Robby Ross for a couple abbreviated starts while Oswalt finishes up his stint in the minors.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 48
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 25
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)