Jun 5, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Feldman failed to make it out of the second inning last night against the A’s, allowing eight runs to an offense that ranked dead last among AL teams in batting average, on-base percentage, slugging percentage, and runs scored.
It was Feldman’s fourth straight loss and the fourth straight time he couldn’t complete five innings, leaving him with a 7.01 ERA and 14/13 K/BB ratio in 26 innings overall this season.
When asked afterward whether he could continue to stick with Feldman, manager Ron Washington replied: “I don’t think I had time to think about anything like that. We don’t have a lot of options.”
Not exactly a ringing endorsement, and as Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas points out the Rangers could turn to Robby Ross for a couple abbreviated starts while Oswalt finishes up his stint in the minors.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)