Jun 5, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
Feldman failed to make it out of the second inning last night against the A’s, allowing eight runs to an offense that ranked dead last among AL teams in batting average, on-base percentage, slugging percentage, and runs scored.
It was Feldman’s fourth straight loss and the fourth straight time he couldn’t complete five innings, leaving him with a 7.01 ERA and 14/13 K/BB ratio in 26 innings overall this season.
When asked afterward whether he could continue to stick with Feldman, manager Ron Washington replied: “I don’t think I had time to think about anything like that. We don’t have a lot of options.”
Not exactly a ringing endorsement, and as Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas points out the Rangers could turn to Robby Ross for a couple abbreviated starts while Oswalt finishes up his stint in the minors.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)